Hi everyone, I hope you have all had a fantastic week. Among today’s Friday Favourites we have a delicious recipe and an awesome beauty tutorial for you to watch.
Spotlight On: Chloe Morello
This talented beauty guru has to be my all time favourite Vlogger. Born in Australia, Chloe’s rise to internet stardom was instant and her makeup empire is ever growing. Her laid-back humour and informative tips have helped her to amass her huge following. She now has over 1.5 Million YouTube subscribers! If you haven’t already seen her videos, I suggest you subscribe via the link below.
Recipe of the Week: Vegetarian Pad Thai
Spice up your dinners with this mouth watering Pad Thai recipe!
- 4 ounces brown rice noodles (you can get stir-fry type noodles or Pad Thai noodles – and usually that’s half a box)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- half a yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup fresh herbs like cilantro, green onions, and basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or a vegan fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or sub another sweetener)
- 3 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (sambal oelek)
- Place the uncooked noodles in a bowl of cold water to soak.
- Spiralize the zucchini, red pepper, and onion into noodle-like shapes. Cut the carrots into very small pieces (or spiralize them, too, if they’re big enough).
- Shake up the sauce ingredients in a jar.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add the veggies – stir fry with tongs for 2-3 minutes or until tender-crisp (if they are not spiralized, they might need longer). Be careful not to overcook them – they’ll get soggy and heavy. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Drain the noodles – they should be softened by now. Add the noodles to the hot pan and stir fry for a minute, using tongs to toss. Add the sauce and stir fry for another minute or two, until the sauce is starting to thicken and stick to the noodles. Push the noodles aside to make a little room for the egg – pour the beaten egg into the pan and let it sit for 30 seconds or so. Toss everything around with the tongs. The egg mixture will stick to the noodles and everything will start getting sticky.
- Add in the vegetables, toss together, and remove from heat. Stir in the peanuts and herbs and serve immediately.
Book Club: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
With the movie adaption due to be released this year, the book that inspired Tim Burton’s latest project is next up on your reading list. Have a read of the blurb below:
“A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of curious photographs.
A horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.”
Watch the trailer here:
Quote of the Week
“Don’t worry when you are not recognised, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”
– Abraham Lincoln