Please select a featured image for your post
Also known as â€œPeruvian Ginsengâ€, Maca is a root vegetable that ancient Inca and Peruvian civilisations have used for centuries to increase stamina and enhance fertility.
Now recognised as an endocrine adaptogen, Maca provides a unique set of nutrients that work directly to support hormonal balance where needed. More doctors and nutritionists now recommend this superfood as one of the best natural ways to regulate endocrine health as well as improve energy and stress levels, enhance metabolism and promote general well being.
At only 10 calories per teaspoon, this super supplement has a delicious nutty, vanilla taste making it a perfect addition to any smoothie or shake when you need that natural burst of energy.
- Improved energy, mood, stamina and endurance
- Increased fertility in men and women
- A good source of vitamin C and Zinc, Maca may help to improve immune function
- Helps the body handle stress by nourishing the adrenal glands and reducing stress hormones
- May help to relieve migraines
- Packed with vitamins B1, B12, phosphorus and fatty acids to help support a healthy nervous system.
HOW TO TAKE MACA
- Enjoy 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of Maca powder in a smoothie or protein shake each day. It is recommended to start with smaller doses and build up slowly
- Mix in 1 â€“ 2 teaspoons of powder with your favourite yoghurt
- Add powder to porridge with cinnamon and mix well for a mild sweet and nutty flavour
- Add powder to any baking such as cookies and cakes for a nutrient boost
- Take as capsules instead according to the recommended dosage.
Maca powder and capsules can be purchased at your local health food stores or online.