There is something about Blusher that scares us; I think itâ€™s the stigma that it carriesâ€¦people automatically think â€œ80s/grandma/clownâ€ when blush is mentioned which is completely inaccurate.
I only started using blusher when I was in my early 20s and I havenâ€™t looked back since. Blusher brightens the face plus gives you a healthy and glowing look.
All you need is a basic blusher brush and your favourite shade of blush. Which skin tone suits which blusher shade?
- Porcelain = Apricot (Gwen Stefani)
- Ivory = Pale pink (Rachel McAdams)
- Beige = Amber (Kim Kardashian)
- Tawny = Rose (Rihanna)
- Almond = Fuchsia (Kelly Rowland)
My favourite shade at the moment is Smashbox â€“ Long Wear Halo Blush â€“ In Bloom.
Itâ€™s a bright pink shade thatâ€™s longwearing and features the signature grinder that shaves off the perfect amount of blush each time!
Retails for $48.00, just head to your local Smashbox counter to purchase.
- Dip your brush into the blusher and load it up.
- Tap the brush on your wrist so the excess product falls off.
- To find the apples of your cheeks all you need to do is SMILE.
- Sweep over the apple and up along the cheekbones until the end of your cheek, use swirling motions.
- Finish with some highlighting powder.
If you think youâ€™ve used too much then get a clean, large powder brush and sweep over the top of the blush to blend.