While lots of families are feeling festive and planning their Christmas shopping or family meals already, there are many families and individuals who dread this time of year because of financial difficulties or loneliness.
Here are 5 great ways you and your family or friend group can team up and make a huge difference to an individual, a group or a furry friend over this festive season with Joyable.
- Pool together to sponsor a child for a year with World Vision
- Contribute funds to go towards food and blankets for your local SPCA for animals in need
- Team up to purchase activity books, puzzle books or brain teasers to wrap and drop off at a local rest home
- Gather funds to purchase some Eat My Lunch lunches for 2020 to help kiwi kids who go to school without any food to eat
- Team up to raise money for one family in your neighborhood who won’t have anything to unwrap this Christmas and surprise them with a food shop or Warehouse, Paperplus, or Westfield voucher
Setting up a page at Joyable.co is quick, simple and secure. Then you share the unique URL with your family, friends or co-workers and they can contribute as much or as little as they desire. When your Joyable occasion has ended, the funds will be deposited into your nominated bank account. Easy as!
Remember, sometimes instead of gifts, your time is appreciated by people the most. If you don’t have anything financially to spare, take the time to reach out to someone or even share a smile, it will brighten someone’s day and yours too!