Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Without breakfast, our body is like a car running on an empty gas tank, and as a result we cannot function optimally. After 8 hours of sleeping, we literally need to â€œbreak the fastâ€ and refuel our bodies in order to speed up our metabolism again.
Furthermore, studies have shown that people who eat breakfast have better concentration, are less irritable, and are more likely to lose weight and keep it off than those who skip it. Unfortunately, with our busy work and school schedules as well as the usual rush of the morning, it can be easy to skip past breakfast. To make sure you donâ€™t miss out on the most important meal of the day, try my five fast breakfast ideas and donâ€™t waste any more precious minutes in the morning!
1. Try a smoothie. Itâ€™s quick, easy and best of all there is no cooking time!
Banana-Oat Smoothie: Blend a banana, Â½ a cup of oats, trim milk and a squeeze of honey together.
Berry Healthy Smoothie: Blend Â½ cup of frozen mixed, 1 banana, 1tsp cinnamon and trim milk together.
2. Bircher muesli. Pour trim milk over Â½ cup of Bircher muesli and leave in the fridge overnight. Take out in the morning and eat straight away!
3. Keep a bag of Trail Mix handy in the cupboard or in the car and eat as your go. Mix almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds and your choice of dried fruit together â€“ easy!
4. Fruit salad and yoghurt parfait. Cut up some fresh fruit the night before and layer with low fat yoghurt and oats in a bowl. Place in the fridge overnight so its ready to go in the morning!
5. Grab a piece of fruit! Something really is better than nothing, so grab an apple or banana and a spread of peanut butter for a little balanced breakfast snack.