Tis the season for beautiful fresh berries! This cheesecake is complemented by fresh berries and a light strawberry drizzle which cuts through the sweetness of the cake.
So easy to do as a dinner party dessert, make it the night before and top with strawberries just before serving. Highly recommend that you give this recipe a go!
- 185g vanilla wine biscuits
- 80g butter, melted
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 2 tblsp water
- 500g packaged cream cheese, softened
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 150g white eating chocolate, melted
- 500g large strawberries, halved
- Â¼ cup strawberry jam, warmed and strained
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- Line base of a 23cm spring form tin with foil or baking paper.
- Blend or process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter; process until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of spring form tin, place on tray, refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the water in small heatproof jug; stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cheese and condensed milk in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat cream in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Stir warm gelatine mixture into cheese mixture; fold in cream and chocolate. Pour cheesecake mixture into spring form tin, spreading evenly over biscuit base. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Arrange strawberries on top of cheesecake; brush strawberries with combined jam and juice.