Recharge your body with these nutritious snacks!
Roast Beef Roll-Ups
Lean roast beef contains iron, which will help to boost your energy levels.
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- 4 slices of lean roast beef
- 4 thin slices of tomato
- Â½ cup lettuce
- Â½ cup red peppers
- 2 tsp. of mustard
1. Spread the mustard onto your wrap; next, add tomatoes, roast beef slices, lettuce and peppers.
2. Roll the wrap up and cut it in half.
SHRIMP AND VEGGIE STIR-FRY
This delicious meal contains your daily dose of omega-3s and antioxidants.
- 1x Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Â½ Cup Shrimp
- Â½ Cup Frozen Broccoli
- Â½ cup Red Pepper Strips
- 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Light Soy Sauce
1. Pour oil (preferably avocado or coconut oil) in a frying pan and place on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for around 4 minutes.
2. Toss in your frozen broccoli and pepper; cook for a further 5 minutes or until all the vegetables have thawed, while adding in soy sauce.
3. Prepare your brown rice and wait until both are ready to mix together.
CHICKEN PITA POCKETS
Changing your bread is an easy way of adding new flavours. Instead of bread slices why not try pita bread?
- 2 (pre-cooked) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Chopped Chives
- 1/4 cup Light Plain Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup diced Cucumber
- 2 pita pockets
1. Cut the chicken into thin slices and place in a bowl, sprinkle vinegar and chives overtop.
2. Mix yoghurt and cucumber together in another small bowl. Using a knife split the pitas.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and cucumber into each pocket, next place 1/4 of the chicken mixture; close the pockets and chill overnight ready for the next day.
GREEK PASTA SALAD
- 1 Cup of wholemeal pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons of Italian dressing
- Â¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/8 cup of sliced California olives
- 5 halved cherry tomatoes
- Leftover sliced chicken breast
- Â½ cup chopped avocado
1. Cook the pasta, drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
2. Mix in the Italian dressing, feta cheese, chopped olives, tomatoes, chicken and avocado. Place the finished salad into a portable container.