I am currently filming a feature film in Los Angeles. I don’t know about you, but I am horrific at making good choices when it comes to looking after myself while I am working or in a busy season. I am time-poor and make bad choices based off ease and convenience, especially when it comes to food. Resulting in me not fuelling my body with what it needs to actually help me.
I spoke to a few friends who still manage to carve out time to take care of themselves even while they are busy and collated 5 healthy choices that I can apply starting today to try to take better care of myself.
Top 5 healthy choices you can make today
1) Adding Charcoal to your diet. It’s important not to overdo the charcoal thing but having a juice that has activated charcoal in it will help you get rid of any nasty toxins in your body. Vitamin C is another important thing to stay on top of.
2) Choosing better snacks. I am guilty of picking up a pack of chips or eating lots of candy to give me that sugar hit especially around my 3pm lull. Tasti Supergrains are a new range of bars with the right superfood mix, with quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice, oat and millet and less sugar than most of the other competitors.
3) Go for a 30min walk as soon as you wake up or do 5 to 10 minutes of blast exercises to get your blood flowing in the morning. I have found that if I actually get up a bit earlier and do this, I am setting myself up to really tackle the day. I feel more in control rather than living in the wake of my day where it is controlling me. How you start the day is so important!
4) Stay Hydrated – seems simple but I am not a big water drinker at all. I have started adding berries to my water and lemon to make it more appealing.
5) Get some sleep – I have started taking Melatonin tablets on evenings where I have trouble falling asleep. It important to not become reliant on this but I often feel when I am stressed out or working hard, my brain wants to run one million miles an hour when I am trying to get some much needed rest.
I actually feel much better after applying these 5 tips this week. The charcoal is a new thing for me but I really like it and it’s nice to know that I am not snacking on food that is not going to serve me but rather because my energy to crash again an hour later!
If you have any other tips and tricks, let me know. Email me Kimberley@kimberleycrossman.com
Thanks to Tasti for teaming up with me on this post.