Hi everyone. I hope you have all been having a great week! In today’s Friday Favourites we are going to be discussing some of our greatest finds.
Spotlight On: Broods
New Zealand’s musical treasure are back with a killer new track ‘Free’. Having just returned from touring with Ellie Goulding, the talented duo have announced via Facebook that they have been busy writing their new album, Conscious (Due for release June 24th) – And we can’t wait to see what they have in the works!
Have a listen to their fresh single ‘Free’ here:
Recipe of the Week: Flourless Fudge Brownies
Not only are these mouthwatering brownies a tasty treat, but the are also a healthy alternative.
Ingredients for Brownie Mix:
- 1 cup mashed, overripe bananas (approximately 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (can sub for any smooth nut butter)
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- Dairy free cream cheese, softened (can sub for any cream cheese)
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice
- 1-2 T cocoa powder
- Dairy free milk if needed
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees, grease a small cake or loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter. In a large mixing bowl, add the banana, nut butter and dark cocoa powder and mix very well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, at the frosting and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a VERY thick batter is formed.
Book Club: Vibes
Written by Amy Kathleen Ryan, ‘Vibes’ is a compelling story from start to finish. The novel gives us both a realistic and hilarious insight into teenage angst. This book is definitely one to linger in your mind and explores important themes of love, loss and mental illness.
“Nothing is beyond Kristi Carmichael’s disdain—her hippie high school, her friend Jacob, her workaholic mom. Yet for all her attitude and her mind-reading abilities, Kristi has a vulnerable side. She can hear the thoughts of her fellow students, calling her fat and gross. She’s hot for Gusty Peterson, one of the most popular guys in school, but of course, she’s sure he thinks she is disgusting. And she’s still mad at her father, who walked out on them two years ago. Soon, a school project brings her together with Gusty, her father comes home and drops a bombshell, and a friend comes out of the closet, and suddenly she is left doubting that she can read people at all.”
Quote of the Week
‘When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for stars.’