With lots of colds going around, top up on your Vit C with this delicious treat!
Deliciously simple, these feijoas are a winter winner! This easy recipe is one that my family and I have cook a few times every winter. Super delicious!
I would also recommend adding a bit of vanilla and sugar to the cream that you serve it with to compliment the tartness of the feijoas.
¾ cup white sugar
16 feijoas, to 20 depending on the size
1 cup Riesling (or any nice, sweet white wine in the cupboard)
½ cup water
Juice of half a lemon
2 bay leaves
½ cup pistachio nuts, toasted
- Peel the feijoas and put in a saucepan with the sugar, wine, water and lemon.
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the saucepan, add the bean also with the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove the feijoas from the liquid to cool.
- Turn the heat up and boil for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken the syrup. Spoon syrup over fruit.
- To serve, scatter with the pistachios. Serve with cream
Recipe courtesy of www.bite.co.nz